Every business can benefit from content marketing.
But not every business should do content marketing the same way.
I love reading about best practices, because that’s how I stay at the top of my game. I need to know about the latest trends, technologies, and thought leadership.
But if you read about best practices long enough, you’ll start to think that content marketing is a one-size-fits-all solution.
And that’s just not true:
- Traffic may be the Holy Grail of metrics for sites that generate income from ad revenue, but if you actually sell something, traffic alone doesn’t cut it.
- Not everybody can devote hours to link-building outreach.
- Some audiences think that content full of short paragraphs and big images looks kind of like a kindergartener’s storybook.
- Speaking of storybooks, nobody cares about your origin story if you haven’t done anything yet.
- B2B audiences won’t necessarily be impressed by hyperbolic headlines like “5 Mind-Blowing Tips That Will Leave Your Competitors Reeling”
Best practices are important for raising the bar throughout the content marketing world, but that doesn’t mean every business needs to adhere to them.
What every business does need is a strategic use of content marketing…one that helps you achieve your business goals.
And that’s where I can help. I work with you to create content that matters.
What’s different about “content that matters”?
Content that matters is strategic. It’s built around the answers to three questions:
Figuring out the answers to these questions is important not just for your overall content marketing strategy, but for each piece of content, too.
That’s the key to creating content that matters. And that’s what I’m here to help with.
"Patti (no relation) is a rare breed of individual, whose skillset spans those of a content strategist, marketer, writer, and analyst. She can quickly grasp complex issues, cut through the noise, and develop ideas, material, and campaigns that resonate with audiences and produce results. She is fast, innovative, and resourceful, and able to think holistically about messaging, which make her an asset to any engagement."
Kristina Podnar, Digital Policy Consultant
"Patti has been incredible to work with these past few years. She always delivers high-quality content on time, and is always willing to work with us on edits and hop on content calls until the project has been complete. She's a great addition to our marketing team!"
Stephanie Roulic, nDash.co